On the hunt for an internship within a small but quickly-expanding luxury designer brand? Great news - the Emma J Shipley team are searching for motivated, creative and super efficient individuals to fulfil our voluntary internships! It's a great opportunity to join the team at a busy and exciting time. If you have a genuine passion for the brand and would love to gain experience working within the fashion, textile and fine art industry, read on to find out more...
Emma J Shipley is a luxury lifestyle brand known for graphic artistry and imagination. Our fantastical, unconventional and meticulous designs are hand-drawn by Emma in London and printed onto the finest luxury scarves, fabrics and interiors.
Emma studied at the prestigious Royal College of Art and was awarded a number of prizes during her studies, in particular for excellence in drawing and her use of colour. On graduating in 2011, the famous London boutique Browns bought her graduate collection of printed silk scarves. Following on from this success, more recently Emma J Shipley has won the Emerging Fashion Brand prize at the WGSN Global Fashion Awards and the RISE Newcomer Award at the UK Fashion & Textile Awards, presented by HRH Princess Anne.
Emma J Shipley creates original and subversive pieces that captivate and inspire, to be treasured for years to come…
We currently have a part-time unpaid Fashion Week placement in February available, and additionally a longer placement for up to three months in our studio in Dalston, East London. The role is open to students on undergraduate or postgraduate degrees only. We are looking for someone to assist our busy team on a variety of tasks, including some of the following:
- Assisting the team with studio admin and research.
- Assisting in coordinating and delivering social content on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Tumblr.
- Generating ideas and publishing short posts on our popular Emma J Shipley blog.
- Helping to keep the website up-to-date on a daily basis.
- Assisting on the organising and smooth running of any events such as pop-up shops.
- General studio duties and errands.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a student currently studying for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
- Knowledge of and a key interest in luxury fashion, textiles and fine art.
- Any relevant fashion experience in the industry is desired.
- An understanding and experience of using social media.
- Able to generate unique and interesting digital content ideas for our website and social channels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and confidence to learn in a small but busy team.
- An eye for detail.
- Must be reliable with excellent organisational skills and a desire to learn!
- Passion for the Emma J Shipley brand.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send the following to Andrew at email@example.com:
- An up-to-date CV.
- A cover letter letting us know why you would be perfect for the internship.
We are looking for someone for an immediate start so please state your availability. We look forward to finding the next star member of the Emma J Shipley team!