***APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN***
On the hunt for a job working within a small but expanding luxury fashion brand? The Emma J Shipley team are searching for a motivated self starter with a creative eye to fill the role of Digital and Sales Coordinator. It's a great opportunity to join the team at a busy and exciting time and is ideal for someone with a genuine passion for the brand. Read on to find out more...
DIGITAL AND SALES CO-ORDINATOR
An opportunity has become available for an organised and creative individual to assist award-winning designer Emma J Shipley on a variety of tasks across marketing, digital editorial content, social media and sales. You will be responsible for effectively communicating our brand voice online, managing all marketing duties, planning and implementing successful social media campaigns, writing all digital material and working in the lead up to and during London and Paris Fashion Weeks. The position also involves assisting with our growing wholesale business; accompanying Emma to Paris twice a year and liaising with buyers. The successful candidate must be genuinely passionate about fashion and small business with the ability to drive content generation across all areas of the brand. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic self-starter aiming to make an impact within a young, fast-expanding and dynamic company.
Emma J Shipley is a luxury lifestyle brand known for graphic artistry and imagination. Our fantastical, unconventional and meticulous designs are hand-drawn by Emma in London and printed onto the finest luxury fabrics in Lake Como, Italy, before being finished by hand. Emma J Shipley has won the Emerging Fashion Brand prize at the WGSN Global Fashion Awards and the RISE Newcomer Award at the UK Fashion & Textile Awards.
Emma J Shipley creates original and subversive pieces that captivate and inspire, to be treasured for years to come…
The role is highly varied with responsibility for a number of key business functions:
- Generating creative ideas for marketing campaigns
- Overseeing all creative content generation, including writing all material for the blog, online store and social media.
- Assisting in the development of marketing materials such as lookbooks, event invitations, product descriptions, brand guidelines and original digital imagery.
- Designing and writing newsletters and managing the Emma J Shipley mailing list, as well as suggesting creative ways to expand this database.
- Assisting with new season design research, including product research and monitoring our competitors.
- Arranging and generating ideas for photoshoots, as well as assisting on the smooth running of these.
- Generating and implementing an innovative marketing strategy that drives engagement, website traffic and e-commerce sales.
- Managing and updating the Emma J Shipley website and online store, including search engine optimisation.
- Developing and managing a content planner of digital ideas to increase engagement across all online platforms.
- Managing the day-to-day running of all social media platforms and closely monitoring the results through regular analytic reports.
- Assisting with press enquiries and working closely with our PR agency.
- Fulfilling our wholesale strategy to grow sales and forming relationships with buyers and international stores.
- Working in the lead up to and during London and Paris Fashion Weeks.
- Organising and working at retail events including London Fashion Weekend and designer pop-up shops.
- Day-to-day assistance including running errands and liaising with press, buyers and suppliers by phone and email.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant degree in Fashion, Textiles, Marketing, Communications or similar at a 2:1 or higher.
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role.
- Excellent digital skills, including using Apple computers, social media platforms, CMS and programs including Word, Excel, Photoshop, plus preferably Illustrator and InDesign.
- A keen eye for detail and a genuine interest in luxury fashion, textiles and fine art.
- An understanding of the problems facing small businesses and the ability to implement appropriate solutions.
- A natural ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Well versed in the ever-changing digital landscape.
- Experience in creating content for digital channels, preferably in a creative environment.
- Passion for the Emma J Shipley brand.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of initiative.
- The capacity to work both independently as well as cooperatively within a small and busy team.
- A good communicator who has the ability to work effectively under pressure and across a range of areas.
- Reliable and flexible, particularly across hectic fashion show seasons.
- Patience and a sense of humour.
- Energetic with a positive attitude and brimming with creative ideas.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An up-to-date CV.
- A short cover letter detailing your relevant skills and experience and why you would suit this particular role.
Closing date: Friday October 20th
Accountable to: Emma Shipley (Founder)
Place of work: Dalston, London E8
Remuneration: Freelance, £TBC, 8 hours per day/3 days per week (possibly more during fashion weeks)
Start date: November 2017
We look forward to hearing from you!