We may have pulled out the ski gloves in an effort to keep warm, but there's no reason to hibernate this month. Check out our favourite London spaces to beat those January blues.
1. Holland Park in the heart of West London features a beautiful Japanese inspired garden, full of peace and tranquility. Escape the chaos of the office and kick back with colourful koi fish, listen to the soothing sounds of a nearby waterfall or spy a pretty peacock walking the grounds.
100 Holland Park Ave,
London, W11 4UA.
The park is open daily from 7.30 AM until 30 minutes before dusk.
2. Radio Rooftop Bar is our go-to for a modern, luxurious lounge to relax with friends. Watch the sunset over the London skyline, cocktail in hand and feel the stress of the office just melt away.
336-337 The Strand,
London, WC2R 1HA.
Monday - Wednesday: 12.00 PM - 01.00 AM.
Thursday - Saturday: 12.00 PM - 02:00 AM.
Sunday: 12:00 AM - 00.00 AM.
3. Yoga with the butterflies. The latest in Bompas & Parr installations, 'The Butterfly Effect' brings this magical experience to the British Museum of Food with tutor Jodie Hurn. But we better hurry - their January classes are filling up fast! Upgrade your usual class with an hour of Ashtanga inspired yoga within a tropical butterfly environment under luminous fuchsia light.
The British Museum of Food,
1 Cathedral Street,
London, SE1 9DE.
Thursday 18th January: 12.00 PM - 17.00 PM.
4. The Barbican Conservatory treats us to luscious greenery all year round, housed in the heart of the city. Lose yourself in a leafy sanctuary of tropical flora and fauna, complete with turtle pond.
London, EC2Y 8DS.
Sundays: 12.00 PM - 17.00 PM.
5. Finally, the Sky Garden. The name says it all. A three storey glass dome in the sky, home to the most exquisitely kept public garden in London. It's free to visit but book in advance to experience the sun setting over the horizon. Perfect for a magical date night we think!
20 Fenchurch Street
London, EC3M 8AF
Monday - Friday: 10.00 AM - 18.00 PM (last booking slot 4.45 PM).
Weekends: 11.00 AM - 20.00 PM (last booking slot 7.45 PM).
Follow our blog on Feedly.